Monday 21 October 2013

Cerist Duathlon 13

Another event which really suprised me with the step up in training stepping up the results.
8.5km run / 38k Bike /8.5 km Run

Having completed few of the Cerist events in previous years this run route was familiar to me and a really bitch which kicked up at 4km mark before a decent down to the main road.

Training going well I was hopefull of a good day but always had doubts of my cycling ability especially as the route was pan flat and potential head winds at play.

A Competitive field I headed off from the front and slowly gained a substantial lead up towards half way mark on the run. Came in to transition with a 2min lead and shot off on the bike towards mallwyd which was turn around point. With no company up to the turn around point I had a good lead and enjoyed every moment with the bike going well. I arrived back for the last run section with a 4 min lead. Felt horrible off the bike which was no suprise and felt I was going backwards but I think this is normal for and TRi or Duathlon. Strong finish I came in 6 Min ahead of 2nd place to take the Win.



No comments:

Post a Comment