Monday 21 October 2013

Aber Twin Peaks

Aber Twin Peaks
A Race which is always on the calender, local and hilly. Training on the up with some solid sessions taking place on the roads of Aberaeron I felt a PB was on the cards. Started up front with some strong runners, but looking around felt I could give this a good go. Heading to Pen dinas climb on the feet of 2nd I passed him and put in a push to spread the field. 100m prior to the top I finally used my head and settled the pace to let others catch up knowing that I could put a push on the down hill. Arriving at the summit I put the gas on again and on arriving at the bottom of the hill I had a large lead.
 
Had to give it the full beans now as there was no slowing down, heading down the prom I probably had a 30sec lead and on arriving at the bottom of Consti Hill I had nothing left, I managed to run up to half way and on the sight of the 2nd place guy on my toes It was a dark time. Arrived at the summit with my lead halfed and hoping I had something left for the last down hill mile.
 
Somehow held on to the downhill and opened a nice gap to Win with a painful smile. Top Stuff.   






No comments:

Post a Comment