Thursday 3 October 2013

Aberystwyth Triathlon 2013

Having really focused on this event for the past months, (avoiding marathon training the real reason) I felt strong on all aspects. Arrived early to set up and got in a gd bike and run warmup to get things moving. The swim was calm and I made sure I was first in to avoid the chaos behind. Got passed by a few but felt I was top10, came out in 11th in 15.33 and having sprinted to the bike I then started to unzip the suit which was tough going with limp fingers. Shot off on the bike and flew up penglais hill taking some notable scalps in the process. Little  concerned about my flat speed due to no tri bars but flew past some tri bikes to make it to 3rd overall and on 2nds toes going into aber. With 3 cars ahead of me going down penglais hill I had no ability to speed  and I lost the gap to 2nd. Came into transition 20sec short but with a quick change I was on his tale, but once off the bike the legs felt dead. I kept with 2nd for the first half but lost a minute at the finish. Excellent race which I feel I should have had 2nd if I'd trained the run legs better. 1 33.24



No comments:

Post a Comment