Wednesday 19 March 2014

Atlantic College 10k

New event I managed to enter which was supported by Team Nancy Charity. The Charity is linked to my home town of Lampeter through the founder and father of Nancy and this had brought a crowd from the hills.

Amazing sunny day with 200 numbers heading to the start line, I arrived 5min prior to take off which was a mad panic but managed a quick warmup and straight off to race. Started forming a group within the first few miles then 2 of us kept a strong pace and started thinking of catching the leader who had put in a fast start. Reaching half way the leader was long gone and we were hitting good speed until I managed to let the youngster get a few yards on me and I settled for 3rd.

PB of 35.40 and very enjoyable run.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment