Monday 22 July 2013

Ras y wyddfa 2013

Top race which I completed in 2010 and somehow felt a late entry would be a gd idea. With Moel Siabod in the legs I felt pretty gd and confident of a low 1h 23 time. S4C even turned up at work to make an interview of me and my antics. Drive up early morning and grabbed a coffee and cake at caffi gwynant before heading to the mad house of Llanberis. A very hot day it was going to be a testing run, started steady before settling to a decent pace following 1st lady. Very gd climb in 54 min, 5 min up on 2010. Started the decent in gd form and grabbed a gel which somehow wrecked my guts, had to stop due to a cramp and lost a few minutes. Started the decent pissed off and frustrated! Steady decent home with no risks taken i arrived down in 1 28. 5 min slower down the mountain. Great day but should have grabbed a better time. Straight to York for a Stag trip afterwards to drown the pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment