Monday 31 March 2014

Tregaron Duathlon 14

New Event from Local club Caron which was local and having looked at the course very challenging. Picked up the Cube on Friday after the Derailler hanger decided to go astray and smash everything in sight. I'd covered a quick spin to work and it appeared it was working back to its best.

Only covered 50miles in the last 4 weeks on my bike which was my only concern prior to the event. The running taking priority and the increase in mileage now translating to someone competitive times.

Amazing spring day with a little wind it was a perfect for racing and with 60 entered it was looking to be a competitive race. The First run course was a beauty, (averaged 5.57m/m) it was a long climb to the top of Tregaron before a blast down the hills through the village returning to the leisure centre. Feeling good I had a 30 second lead going into the bike and a swift transition I left the village, via a quick stop to pick up a gel!! Knuckled down on the straights to bont with the bike feeling good and knowing the hills where on the return leg I was confident if I could keep away for the first half I would be able to hold the lead home. The Roads took their toll on the bike with a broken spoke half way around which had been an issue prior to the event.

The Hills back where testing with some real long drags, I was glad to get back home with a nice headwind for the last mile. Averaged a speed of 21.5 miles an hour and was fasted on the bike by a few minutes.

No one in sight it was an enjoyable 2 nd run which was flat and muddy and with a huge crowd I enjoyed every moment. Enjoy my Duathlons.

1h 13min


No comments:

Post a Comment