Tuesday 31 January 2012

Team Pursuit 2012

A race which was a first for myself after missing out on last years action due to a timing error. Arrived in the driving rain and wind at Crymych Leisure centre after a weekend Cupboard shopping. The race involved a team of 5 athletes setting off on the 6.5 mile route on set times with all athletes setting off on 15 second intervals. Sarn Helen brought 4 teams down to the race with 3 male and 1 female. I was selected in the A team which included some top runners, it wouldn't have surprised me if all of us took the 5 fastest times of the day. Mike D, D Hooper, Glyn P Carwyn T and myself. I set off after 7 minutes and quickly put my foot down catching the 30 runners up front. The route was on narrow lanes and started off with a 1 mile down hill dash, a undulating middle section before reaching the 5 mile mark where it kicked up with a nasty climb which had the legs screaming out for a walk. Very cold and wet the finish line was a welcome site and result confirmed Sarn Helen A winning by an 8 min margin and myself picking up the 4th fastest time out of the day. Very enjoyable and a new form of racing always a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment